TKD Message Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why all 4kids hatred?

5 posters

Go down

Why all 4kids hatred? Empty Why all 4kids hatred?

Post  nazzie Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:05 pm

Ok, I honestly really don't quiet grasp the 4kids hatred. I want an explanation. "Bashing" Is allowed with in reason!
nazzie
nazzie
squirrel
squirrel

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

Why all 4kids hatred? Empty Re: Why all 4kids hatred?

Post  manic Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:19 pm

they do pointless and stupid edits
they have bad dubbing
and there racist
manic
manic
squirrel
squirrel

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post  BigEd 45 Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:56 pm

I have a feeling you just like there One Piece Dub,in which case i suggest STOP WATCHING,for your own good,you'll get attatched to it and when you reach the Funimation Dub Switch you'll be confused and disoriented.4-Kids is REALY bad at dubbing shows nazzie,three good examples are Sonic X,Yu-Gi-Oh,and Shaman King,don't get em wrong i liked One Piece,Shaman King and Yu-Gi-Oh,but they all got RUINED by the tyranical bastards known as 4-Kids.There also famous for BAD ans STUPID edits,both in the art for there shows and in characters,i'll post some later.
BigEd 45
BigEd 45
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 103

https://tkd-forum1.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  manic Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:01 am

BigEd 45 wrote:I have a feeling you just like there One Piece Dub,in which case i suggest STOP WATCHING,for your own good,you'll get attatched to it and when you reach the Funimation Dub Switch you'll be confused and disoriented.4-Kids is REALY bad at dubbing shows nazzie,three good examples are Sonic X,Yu-Gi-Oh,and Shaman King,don't get em wrong i liked One Piece,Shaman King and Yu-Gi-Oh,but they all got RUINED by the tyranical bastards known as 4-Kids.There also famous for BAD ans STUPID edits,both in the art for there shows and in characters,i'll post some later.
you my friend are awesome
manic
manic
squirrel
squirrel

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post  BigEd 45 Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:37 am

manic wrote:
BigEd 45 wrote:I have a feeling you just like there One Piece Dub,in which case i suggest STOP WATCHING,for your own good,you'll get attatched to it and when you reach the Funimation Dub Switch you'll be confused and disoriented.4-Kids is REALY bad at dubbing shows nazzie,three good examples are Sonic X,Yu-Gi-Oh,and Shaman King,don't get em wrong i liked One Piece,Shaman King and Yu-Gi-Oh,but they all got RUINED by the tyranical bastards known as 4-Kids.There also famous for BAD ans STUPID edits,both in the art for there shows and in characters,i'll post some later.
you my friend are awesome
You got that right!Just kidding,but thanks.Here are some 4-Kids edits that are realy only stupid.

Name Edits-4-Kids has a history of edting perfectally good names into some pretty dumb'ins,there was'nt anything wrong with the names.
Yu-Gi-OH:Katsuya Jonouchi-Joey Weeler,Anzu Mazaki-Tea Gardner,Hiroto Honda-Tristan Taylor,Mai Kujacku-Mai Valentine,Shizuka kawai/Shizuka Jonouchi-Serenity Wheeler,Insector haga-Wheevil Underwood,Dinosaur Ryuzaki-Rex Raptor,Rishid Ishtar-Obion Ishtar,Sugoroku Mutou-Solomon Muto,Ryuji Otogi-Duke Devlin,Konosuke Oshita-Gansley,Shuzo Otaki-Adrian Rudolph Crump III,Chikuzen Oka-Johnson,Soichiro Ota- Nesbitt,Kogoro Daimon-Leichter.

Shaman King:Manta Oyamada-Mortimer "Morty" Manta,Horohoro-Trey Racer,Chocolove McDowel-Joco,Ryunosuke Umemiya "Wooden Sword Ryu"-Rio,Tao Ren-Len, Hao Asakura-Zeke Asakura,Tamao Tamamura-Tamara "Tammy",Tao Yuan-En.

One Piece(List in progress)-Roanoa Zoro-Roanoa Zolo.
BigEd 45
BigEd 45
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 103

https://tkd-forum1.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  YolkaEd Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:11 am

BigEd, leave 4Kids' work on One Piece to ME.

First off, they deleted a whole lot of the set storyline, such as Arlong killing Nami's foster mother Belle-Mere, the Straw-Hats landing on the island Little Garden, the Straw-Hats meeting Laboon the whale, and just raping the storyline with a monkey wrench. Seriously, it created plotholes bigger than Jupiter, Saturn and Uranus together! For example, Brook was one of Laboon's former friends, two giants in Enies Lobby knew the giants fightign on Little Garden, and Mr. 3 was said to have been following the Straw-Hats since they left Louge Town, when Baroque Works didn't even know about them!

Also, voices: Giving other people accents depending on their outfits is extremely racist, like people with frog suits having French accents (Miss Father's Day), people wearing cowboy hats sound like South Americans (Nico Robin), and giving the only character in the entire show who doesn't need it an Brooklyn accent (Sanji >_<). Not to mention that the voices of most of the characters sound like complete shit, accented or not.

More later.
YolkaEd
YolkaEd
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  nazzie Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:20 am

Luckly I only seen a few with the actual four kids symbol. IU agree with The sanji thing.. (Brooklyn accent! That nailed it) ICK! That what drove me away from thoes! Now Is toonami the same?

Do me a favor. Help me find some good yt clips IN ENGLISH! Found a site weeks ago with the orginal series w/ subtitles, but, i lost it!

Last edited by nazzie on Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
nazzie
nazzie
squirrel
squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post  YolkaEd Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:22 am

Yuo can find loads of the new dub's clips on Youtube, if you're interested. Just search "One Piece Funimation" in the search bar, and you'll get some clips from the dub. Trust me, better than 4Crap's version.
YolkaEd
YolkaEd
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahil170 Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:37 am

More edit info on OP.....
1:They changed Ace´s name to Trace.

2:They gave Sanji a lolly pop.

3:They made Luffy have an annoying voice.

4: In the world of 4Kids, Ussop getting hit by a 4-ton metal bat equals to dirt in the face and the original you can see there´s alot of blood in it.
Sahil170
Sahil170
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  nazzie Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:29 am

Sahil170 wrote:More edit info on OP.....
1:They changed Ace´s name to Trace.

2:They gave Sanji a lolly pop.

3:They made Luffy have an annoying voice.

4: In the world of 4Kids, Ussop getting hit by a 4-ton metal bat equals to dirt in the face and the original you can see there´s alot of blood in it.

YUeah, the lolly pop is annoying.. And Sanji voice! Like I said I never watch it.. Only a few clips!!! don't worry it got on my nerves!
nazzie
nazzie
squirrel
squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down