The3Eds: News From Bunji Himself!

Go down

The3Eds: News From Bunji Himself!

Post  Colton on Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:42 pm

OK, a few days ago I emailed Bunji about The3Eds. At first I thought that hundreds of people had and he was tired of emails from people about it, but then today it turned out I should be glad I did; and only eight other people emailed him about it. This is the reply that I got from him about the site:

Just a message to those of you who've managed to get a hold of me.

First up, no, it's not a problem with your computers. The site is still down and will remain so until I can finally sort out everything.

Second, I really am sorry about the huge delay in getting the site back up and running. I honestly didn't expect for it to take this long. I've encountered a veritable myriad of problems ever since the move began, starting with (and I don't expect anyone to understand this, but lists are fun fun fun) an incomplete database dump from Tak to phpmyadmin timing out when importing the databases to the painfully slow database conversion. I thought we had it all sorted, which explains the green forum version that was up for five minutes or so, but while we were rebuilding the search index the MySQL server crashed which resulted in the databases being corrupted. After failing to repair them we had to try converting the old tables again, only we kept encountering 500 server errors whenever we tried converting the posts table. I've even gone to measure of setting up a virtual server on my computer and trying to convert it there, but even with all my system resources dedicated to it I still don't have the power to run the conversion script. The current plan is to use a boot disk to set up my computer to focus solely on converting the database and then reimport them onto the server. If this doesn't work I'm going to have to fork out a load more money to some third party chap to convert the database for me. What makes it so unbearable is that the forum was actually complete and ready and everything back on Friday. If the databases hadn't crashed when they did we'd be slobberin' on jawbreakers... I mean, chatting about Ed, Edd n' Eddy.

This hasn't been helped by the fact that I've just had my AS level exams. For those of you who don't live in Britain these are pretty much the exams that determine if you can get to do the course you want at the university you want - ie. they're the most important exams of my life. Thankfully, they're all over and done with now so I can focus solely on the site move, but I've really had to juggle my priorities recently. Like I said, I really am sorry for the delay, but I'd like you to understand that I really have been trying my hardest with all this. The experience has been like learning two words of Spanish, then trying to translate the Bible so Mexicans can read it. I haven't been on MSN, DeviantArt, TF2, watched Ed, Edd n' Eddy or done anything I would remotely consider enjoyable for over eight days now, just because I've been devoting literally all of my free time not spent revising to working on the site move.

But, as I said, I've got a lot more free time now, so hopefully we can get this move a'rolling again. Sorry once again for the delay.

Regards,

Ben Perkins.

So in short no one knows when it'll be back. Could be tomorrow, could be next week. Could be July or August before it is back up. All we know is that we have news.

Colton
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-06-02

View user profile http://z4.invisionfree.com/PlanetEd/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Re: The3Eds: News From Bunji Himself!

Post  nazzie on Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:51 pm

So... It might be sooon! OHH..!
nazzie
squirrel
squirrel

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Colton on Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:25 pm

It might be a long time from now too, Nazzie.

Anyone who reads this, I'd appreciate knowing. Just so that I know who all is aware of the news and who I need to tell it to.

Colton
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

i miss it

Post  manic on Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm

i miss the3eds
manic
squirrel
squirrel

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DTanza on Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:53 pm

Well I can`t wait for it. cyclops

DTanza
Spider
Spider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-06-06

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/ededdneddyclub/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  BigEd 45 on Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:12 pm

I am personally glad that we finaly got some kind of news.Can't wait for the rebirth.
BigEd 45
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 103

View user profile http://tkd-forum1.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Colton on Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:36 pm

Glad to be bringing good news.

Luckily for you guys, once it gets up I'll know. I'm checking everyday, so if we don't get emailed I'll post if it is up here. No luck so far.

If you went there now it'd say
The site is currently still down so that we may fix the errors encountered in conversion We are working full time to fix the problems.
Thank you for your patience.

-The3Eds

I'm thinking it'll be about another week.

Colton
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Behemoth on Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:58 pm

I got a new message from Bunji himself.

Bunji wrote:It's been a while since my last update, so I thought I'd give you all the low-down.

After endlessly trialing various tricks and tips on a multitude of servers and locals, I've given up. I've contacted a professional phpBB2 contract worker who has agreed to convert the forum for the sum of $35.00. It's all out of my hands now. Although the need to pay out more money for something that should have taken two days maximum is a big blow to my already overstretched finances (I'm going to have to get a job in September to break even) at least I can guarantee you guys that the forum will be up within the next two days (as long as the contracter sticks the timeplan he outlined.) Watch this space.

To give you an idea of what is to come, I plan to run a number of contests on the new site in regards to new content. There will be a competition to write the new bio page for each character and the Artist of the Month contest will be developed and integrated into the new site, along with various other contests. The chat room will be renovated and new content added. In short, I'm going to try and make up for the long downtime by making the new site as good as it can be.

Regards,

Ben.

Well at least we know that we'll have The3Eds again.
Black Behemoth
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nazzie on Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:48 pm

Character bio.. con test! eh? Huh might give that a shot!!

Ok, So the next two days! Ok, so.. Why don't we aim for Friday to start the game if the site is up!
nazzie
squirrel
squirrel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Colton on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:28 am

Aw man, you beat me to posting it here, Sam. Oh well, I got that email also.

Colton
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BigEd 45 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:39 am

I like the contests idea!!!*Looks at nazzie* Oh god Nazzie please don't right the Kevin one!!!!!*Kidding* Can't wait for this.
BigEd 45
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 103

View user profile http://tkd-forum1.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nazzie on Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:46 pm

Ok, The sight should be up Tomorrow 6/14/08!! Heard it straight from bunji!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bunji via msn wrote:Bunji says:
Just wanted to give an update on the forum - I should definitely have a copy of the forum running by tommorrow for use. It won't have the new layout or content yet but it'll work at least
Bunji says:
Aaaaand the converter script has just died. So, yeah, the forum will be back up tommorrow for use. Just pass it on if anyone asks you.
nazzie
squirrel
squirrel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down